Monday, January 19, 2009

Landkey Parish Registers - 19 January 2009

Another six years completed of the Parish Records for Landkey and they continue to be the same people with the occasional new person. No sign of the Manning family at the moment - between children as the young ones become adults and start their own families. I am getting to the point where I should start to see some of the Manning children as adults. The spelling of Manning developed through the years.

I spent a little time on Rose Ash looking at the Vicary family as per the request I had yesterday about Bishops Nympton and the author mentioning her connection to the Vicary family of Rose Ash. I sent off my records from the parish register which pretty much go against the usual reporting for this family. It is really necessary to check the parish registers in order to prove the connections in families. The IGI (which is quite good) nevertheless does not include some of the extra information found in the Parish Registers which helps to link families and there are some errors and omissions plus it does not include the burial registers other than for infant and young children.

We watched another episode of the History of England BBC series. They are quite exceptional and I highly recommend them. This evening I shall watch a movie; haven't decided which one yet. Six hours transcribing is enough for one day.

No comments: