Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Will of Rebecka Blake widow of Hampstead, Middlesex - National Archives PROB 11/369/314, probated 18 Mar 1682

A valuable will for the family of Rebecka Blake but I couldn't find any information on a marriage of a Rebecka Tanner and unknown Blake. Her sisters Rachell married to Ambrose Beaton, Elizabeth married to unknown Howard, Susanna married to unknown Gumbleton and Hannah Tanner and her brother Thomas Tanner are all legatees as well as her mother Susanna.

Burial of Ambrose Beaton 6 Dec 1694 at St John at Hampstead, Camden could be one of the executors.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded:  19 Nov 2012
Source: The National Archives PROB 11/369/314
Testator: Rebecka Blake widow of Hampstead
Place: Middlesex, England
Type of Record: Will
Dated:4 May 1681, probated 18 Mar 1682
Read: Electronic copy images
Condition: middle English writing legible, copy blotched for the first few lines and then clear

[Margin] T[esta]m[ent] Rebecka Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen I Rebecka Blake
2    of hampstead in the county of Middlesex widdow being weake in body but of
3    sound and perfect mind and memory (thanckes bee God Almightye)___regardeing the
4    certainity of death and the uncertainety of the time thereof (revokeing all former
5    Wills Legacies and bequests by mee made and given doe make and declare
6    this my present last Will and Testament in manner and forme following
7    (that is to say) First and principally I commend my soule into the hands of
8    Almighty God my Creator and of Jesus Christ my only Saviour and
9    Redeemer hopeing and stedfastly beleeveing through the meritts death and
10    passion of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to obtene free pardon and
11    forgiveness of all my sinnes and to inheritt life eternall in the Kingdome of
12    heaven with other the elect Children of God, My Body I comitt to the earth
13    in decewnt manner to bee buried at the discretion of my Executors hereinafter named
14    And for such Temporall lands goods and estate as it hath pleased God to blesse mee
15    with (my debts and funerall expences being thereon first paid and discharged) I
16    give and dispose of the same in manner and forme following (that is to say) Imprimis
17    I give and bequeath my brother Thomas Tanner the summe of threescore pounds
18    hee paying the Interest of it to my deare and loveing mother Susanna Tanner
19    so long as shee liveth Item I give and bequeath to my sister Rachell Beaton
20    the summe of Thirty pounds the Interest whereof I give to my mother dureing
21    her naturall life Item I give and bequeath to my sister Elizabeth Howard the
22    summe of Thirty pounds shee paying the Interest of it to my mother dureing her
23    naturall life Item I give and bequeath to my sister Susanna Gumbleton
24    the summe of Thirty pounds shee paying the itnerest of it to my mother dureing
25    her naturall life Item I give to my sister Hannah Tanner the summer of Thirty
26    pounds shee paying the interest of it to my mother dureing her naturall life
27    Item I give and bequeath to all my sisters Tenne children the summe of Tenne
28    shillings a peece then I give and bequeath to Elizabeth Gould Widdow the summe
29    of Tenne shillings Item I give and bequeath to Katherine Fisher at my sister
30    Beatons the summe of Twenty shillings Item I give and bequeath to my four sisters
31    and my brother Thomas Tanner All my plate Linnen and wearing
32    Apparell to bee equally divided among them five Item I leave the summe of
33    Twenty pounds to bee laid out upon my funerall and other charges and I ordaine
34    and make my brother Ambrose Beaton and Daniel Beare Executors of this my
35    present last Will and Testament hopeing they will fullfill it according to my
36    mind intent and meaning herein before expressed In witnesse whereof I have
37    hereunto sett my hand and seale the Fourth day of May Anno Domini One
38    Thousand six hundred eighty one etc the marke of Rebecka Blake Signed sealed
39    published declared and delivered by the Testator for and as her last Will and
40    Testament the day of the date in the presence of The mark of Eliza: Beare
41    the mark of Samuel Kent the mark of Katherine Derby Thomas Middleton

No comments: