Monday, May 27, 2013

Will of Joane Blake, widow, Lanreath, Cornwall - The National Archives 11/250/287, probated 8 Oct 1655

Joane Blake widow is the testatrix and she is perhaps married to the John that she mentions is Uncle to John Cowling. John is the legatee who receives the most in both money and goods in the will below.




I will return to this will if there is another that fits into it as looking at Family Search did not lead to any particular clues on this Blake family.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 27 May 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/250/287
Testator:  Joane Blake, widow
Place: Lanreath, Cornwall, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 5 Jan 1652 , probated 8 Oct 1655
Condition: 17th century English, legible copy

[Top]: The fifth day of January Anno d[omi]ni 1652
[Margin]: Joane Blake


1
In the Name of God Amen
2
I Joane Blake of the parishe of Lanreathe in the Countie of Cornwall
3
vid being sicke of bodie but perfect in mind thancks be to God doe hereby make
4
This my last Will and Testament in manner and for following Imprimis I bequeathe
5
my soule to Allmightie God my Makere and Redeemer And my bodie to the Christian
6
Buriall Item I give to the poore of Lanrethe twentie shillings Item to John
7
Cowling I doe give fortie pounds and my best bedsteed and best feather bedd
8
with the best paire of sheets and Blanketts and Coverlett hereunto belonging with
9
bolsters and pillowes and my second best Crocke and my cheesepann Item I doe
10
give to Jane Cowling twentie pounds Item I doe give to Mary Poape twenty
11
pounds Item I doe give Elizabeth Broade tenne pounds Item I doe give to George
12
Collin fortie shillings Item I doe give to the foresaid John Cowling that Coffer
13
which was his Uncle John Blakes withall that is therein Item I doe give to Elizabeth
14
Cowling daughter of the said Jane Cowling twenty shillings Item I doe give to
15
Elizabeth Poape daughter of the said Margery Poape twenty shillings Item I doe
16
give

[Page 2]
17
give to Thomas cowling sum three pounds Item I doe give to Thomas Wescocke
18
Twentie shillings Item I doe give to Pentecost Rowthebury twenty shillings
19
Item I doe give to Ralphe Angelly his daughter twentie shillings Item I doe give
20
to Joane the daughter of Janett Jackman the summe of twentie shillings Item I
21
doe give to Jane Blake and Charity her sister tenne shillings to eache of them
22
Item I doe give all my weareing apparell both wollen and linnen to the said
23
Jane Cowling Margery Poape and Elizabeth Broade And my will is that the
24
said Jane shall have the best suite throughout Alsoe I the said Joane Blake doe
25
give and bequeath all the Rest of my goods and Chattles moveable and
26
unmoveable that is not formerly given unto Edward Helman and William
27
Collin and doe make them my whole and Sole Executors to see my debts to be
28
paid And my legacies to be performed In Witnesse hereof I have hereunto
29
Sett my hand and seale even the daie and yeare first above written The Signe of
31
Joane Blake sealed and signed in the presence of us Nicho: Rendle Francis Rendle
32
This will was proved at London the eighth daye of October
33
In the yeare of our Lord God one thousand six hundred fiftie and five before
34
the Judges for probate of Wills and granting Adfministracono lawfullie
35
authorized by the Oathes of Edward Helman and William Collin the
36
iont executors named in the said Will To whome the Administration was Comitted
37
of all and singular the goods Chatles and Debts of the said deceased They the said
38
Edward Helman and William Collin being first sworne by virtue of a Com:
39
well and faythfullye to administer the same

No comments: