Saturday, January 7, 2017

Will of William Blake, Gent, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire - The National Archives PROB 11/1394, probated 7 Jun 1803

I did not find anything to assist with this particular Testator. The relationship of his Executrix is unknown but she is a widow Susanna Webber Fenner (looked for a marriage between Susanna Webber Blake and Fenner but did not locate one). He names his sons Thomas and William and William has a son named William.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 7 Jan 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/1394
Name of testator: William Blake, Gent
Place: Barbury, Essex, England
Type of Record: Will
Dated 24 July 1799, probated 7 Jun 1803
Read: Electronic file images

[In margin] William Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I William Blake of the parish of Cheshunt in the County of
3    Herts gent do make this my last Will and Testament
4    being in bodily health and sound memory that is to
5    say I give and bequeath unto Susanna Webber Fenner
6    the Interest of Two hundred pounds Bond on the White
7    Chapple pavement during her natural Life and after her
8    decease to my Son William Blake during his natural life
9    subject to the payment of two shillings per week to my
10    Son Thomas Blake during his natural Life and after
11    the decease of my said Son Thomas I give the said
12    Two hundred pounds to my Grandson William Son of
13    my aforesaid Son William I give and bequeath all
14    the rest and residue of my personal Estate of what
15    kind soever that I may be possessed of at the time of
16    my decease unto the said Susanna Webber Fenner
17    subject to paying all my just debts and Funeral Expences
18    and I do constitute and appoint the said Susanna
19    Webber Fenner my sole Executrix of this my last Will
20    and Testament given under my hand and Seal at
21    Barking in the County of Essex this the 24th July 1799
22    William Blake (seal) Sealed and declared as for his
23    last Will and Testament in the presence of us John
24    Horner of Barking Essex George Spurrell of the same
25    This Will was proven at London on the
26    Seventh day of June in the year of our Lord one
27    thousand Eight hundred and three before the Worshipful
28    George Ogilvie doctor of Laws and Surrogate of the Right
29    honorable Sir William Wynne Knight also doctor of
30    Laws Master Keeper or Commissary of the prerogative
31    Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted by the Oath of
32    Susannah (by mistake in the Will written Susanna)
33    Webber Fenner widow the sole Executrix named in
34    the said Will to whom administration was granted
35    of all and singular the Goods Chattels and Credits of
36    the deceased having been first sworn duly to administer

No comments: