Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Will of James Blake, Boatswain on board his Majestys Ship Ringdove - The National Archives PROB 11/1540, probated 7 Jan 1813

James Blake, the testator does not give enough information in his will to locate him.

https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=6203

The sloop Ringdove was refitted at Chatham Dockyard in 1808. In 1813 it sailed for North America. 

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 25 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/1540
Name of testator: James Blake, Boatswain
Place: on board his Majestys Ship Ringdove
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 9 May 1810, probated 7 Jan 1813

[In margin]: James Blake 4

1    In the Name of God Amen I James
2    Blake Boatswain of his Majestys Sloop Kingdove being of sound
3    and disposing mind and memory do hereby make this my last
4    Will and Testament First and principally I commend my Soul into
5    the hands of Almighty God hoping for remission of all my Sins
6    through the merits of Jesus Christ my blessed Saviour and redeemer
7    and my body to the Earth or Sea as it shall please God and as for
8    such Worldly Estate and effects which I shall be possessed of or
9    entitled unto at the time of my decease I bequeath the same
10    as followeth that is to say I bequeath unto My Friend Mr A
11    Cohan of No 73 Chatham in the County of Kent all such
12    wages Sum and Sums of money as now or hereafter may be
13    due to me for my Service or otherwise _____ the said Ship or
11    any other Ship or vessel and I do hereby nominate constitute
15    and appoint the said Mr A Cohan Executor of this my Will and
16    Testament And I do bequeath unto my said Executor all the
17    rest and residue of my Estate whatever both real and personal
18    hereby revoking and making void all other and former Wills by
19    me heretofore made and I do declare this to be my will and Testament
20    In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal the
21    Ninth day of May in the year of our Lord 1810 and in the Fifty first
22    year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord George the Third by the grace
23    of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland King
24    defender of the faith etc. James Blake Signed and Sealed
25    published and declared by the said James Blake as said for his
26    last Will and Testament in the presence of us who have hereunto
27    subscribed our Names as Witnesses in the presence of the said
28    testator Wm Dowers Captain Peter Honnor Master Geo Green 1st
29    Lieutenant
30    Proved at London 7th Jan 1813 before the Judge by the Oath of
31    Arthur Cowan the sole Executor to whom Admon was granted being
32    first sworn by Commission duly to administer

No comments: