Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Reworking the Blake yDNA website at FT DNA

Yesterday I started to rework the DNA results page for the Blake yDNA project at FT DNA. I have only worked on the I haplogroup thus far. It is something I have meant to do for quite a while but time didn't present itself and still time is a little short. I will gradually convert the results from their current status to SNPs of the larger part of each of the individual groups. The decision I need to make is do I include all the members in the new group when the alleles match although they may not have done deep clade testing? It does imply an assumption on my part unless individuals match members within the group who have tested. It was easier looking at the I haplogroup because I have more information on these groups. My Blake line tested by my brothers is I-L161 haplogroup and in the case of our line further defined by Big Y as I-PH3480. The other member in this group is not related to our line in thousands of years. Eventually as we move forward with this new style of referring to the individual groups I will break down the individual haplogroups into subclades even if they have only one member.

The R1b haplogroup is massive for Blake and I need to think carefully how to work those groups. The R1a is fairly straight forward as it turned out although just one member has done deep clade testing,.

No comments: