Friday, October 12, 2018

FT DNA - Y-DNA Haplotree and Mt-DNA Haplotree

FT DNA has now provided their Y-DNA Haplotree and Mt-DNA Haplotree on their homepage. Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and under Community you find a link to this site.

For my Blake line (my paternal line) and starting with A-L1090 then expand and select A-V168; expand and select A-V221. Expand and select BT-M42; expand and select CT-M168; expand and select F-M89; expand and select I-M170 and then expand and select I-P215. Further expanding this branch and choosing I-CTS2257, again by expansion choosing I-L460 and expanding and choosing I-P37. Expanding I-P37 and selecting I-M423, expanding once again and selecting I-CTS5375 and under I-CTS5375 selecting I-L161. Under I-L161 selecting I-S2639. Expanding I-S2639 and selecting I-L1498. Under I-L1498 selecting I-S2703 and expanding and selecting I-S2742. Expanding I-S2742 and selecting I-PH3480. The only country listed for I-PH3480 is England and this particular branch is known to be ancient to the British Isles according to BritainsDNA. I notice that the surname Blake has not been listed so may write to FT DNA to mention that my line is in this branch and the Blake line it represents goes back from my brother to my father who was born in Eastleigh, Hampshire, England with  his father born at Upper Clatford, Hampshire, England and his paternal line having moved from Andover, Hampshire, England to Upper Clatford in 1757. Prior to living at Andover from the late 1500s to 1757, this Blake line was at Knights Enham. The nomenclature for this line is I2a1b1a1a1a1 commonly known as I-PH3480 by FT DNA. The kit is in a group that has several very enthusiastic genetic genealogists working away and they have given his branch the common name I-PH151. This does not yet appear on the 2018 ISOGG tree.

For my mitochondrial line I was also able to navigate starting at the top with R branch and moving to R0 and expanding it. Then choose HV and expanding it choose H and there are 976 branches under H. Go right to the bottom and choose H-T195C! and expand it. Then choose H11 which has 16 branches under it. Choose H11a with 13 branches. The variety of countries at this level is large:
Germany 54, Ireland 34, England 30, USA 27, Sweden 21, Scotland 14, United Kingdom 11, Poland 10, France 8, Finald 8, Canada 7, Norway 6, Italy 5, Czech Republic 4, and Austria 3. H11a expands and choose H11a2 as that leads to my haplogroup. There are four more branches and expanding gives H11a2a and it has three branches beneath it. Expanding gives H11a2a1 which is my haplogroup with countries being USA 14, England 14, Ireland 10, Scotland 10, United Kingdom 7, Germany 4, Canada 3, Northern Ireland 2, and Wales 1. This, one would surmise, is a predominantly British Isles group. My maternal grandmother was born in Birmingham, England and her mother was also said to be born in Birmingham, England. My closest matches tend to be Northern Ireland or South-west Scotland (namely Argyllshire or Ayrshire). I have communicated with several of the USA members (four to be exact) of this group and they were descendant of a group from Country Antrim who traveled with the Rev William Martin in 1772 to the Carolina Colony. Some members of this group were descendant of Planters from Argyllshire/Ayrshire sent to Northern Ireland by Cromwell in the 1600s. The descendants in the United States tend to refer to this group as Scot-Irish. The nomenclature for my line H11a2a1. I manage the H11 haplogroup research project at FT DNA. The results for country of origin given above are interested - they total 65 individuals within the FT DNA database that have agreed to have their results used in a research project. Of that group of 65, there are only 17 in my research project (26%) so I must admit that I am perhaps not really adding much to knowledge of this haplogroup with such a small representation in the study. Of the group in my study there are USA 9, England 3, Ireland 2, Scotland 0, United Kingdom 1, Germany 0, Canada 2, Northern Ireland 0, and Wales 0. I happen to know 2 of the members from England are my brother and myself. All of these individuals are listed in my matches one might think and indeed I have 105 matches between 0 and 3 steps away. I consider 3 steps away to not even be meaningful looking at mitochondrial DNA and actually even 2 steps away does not really entice me to look at the match. So I have 1 at a genetic distance of 0 and 23 at a genetic distance of 1. I had not really thought to look at this before. All of the 105 matches belong to H11a2a1 which means to me that only 62% have agreed to have their results used in a research project. Of the 23 that are a genetic distance of 1 20 have taken the Family Finder Test. None of these 20 individuals match me on Family Finder. They are a genetic distance of 1 meaning that our common ancestor could be a thousand years ago. That does tell me that although the number of people who agree to be part of the research project is only 62%; there isn't likely anyone that is related to me in a reasonable time frame in this group of matches. Looking at DNA Painter there are 13 individuals who share a length of DNA on Chromosome 23 with me. Of this group of 13 only two share greater than 15 cM on Chromosome 23 hence I do not really look at this particular set of matches unless they are sharing larger amounts on other chromosomes.

My husband (Kipp paternal line) has lately tested at Living DNA and they show his paternal line past what he has tested at FT DNA. I was able to trace his line as well and starting with A-L1090 and then expand and choose A-V168, expanding choose A-V221, expanding once again choose BT-M42. Expand and choose CT-M168. Expand and choose F-M89, expand and select IJK-L15. Expand and select K-M9. Expanding once again choose K(xLT)-M526. Expand and select K-YSC00000186 and expand and select P-P295. Expand once again and select P-M45. Expand and select R-M207. Continuing expanding and select R-M173. There are 8,264 branches under this branch. Expand and select R-M343. Continue to expand and select R-L754 and there are now 7,034 branches under this branch. Expand again and choose R-L389; expand again and select R-P297 which has 7,003 branches. Expand again and select R-M269, expand and select R-L23 and there are now 6,954 branches under this branch. Expand and select R-L51; expand and select R-P310; expand and select R-L151 which has 6,753 branches. Expand and select R-U106 and there are just 1,574 branches now. Expand and select R-Z2265; expand and select R-BY30097; expand and select R-Z381 with 1,252 branches. Expand R-Z381 and select R-Z301; expand and select R-L48 with 729 branches. This was as far as we tested at FT DNA. Living DNA then added a few more branches. Expanding R-L48 and select R-Z9; expand and select R-Z331 with its 144 branches. Expand R-Z331 and select R-Z330 with its 130 branches. Expand R-Z330 and select R-Z326 with 129 branches. At some point must do a Big Y 500 on this sample as expanding R-Z326 yields five choices. At this point it is known that this is a Germanic DNA and likely from within 100 km of Amsterdam given what is known about this sub-clade (Countries mentioned on the chart: Germany 31, England 16, USA 9, France 7, Scotland 5, British Isles 4, Norway 4, Netherlands 4, Switzerland 3, Spain 2, Belgium 2, Slovenia 2, Poland, Norway, 2 and Hungary 2). One wonders how much further down one could go with this testing. The nomenclature for this line R1b1a1b1a1a1c2b2b1a or commonly known as R-Z326.







No comments: