Sunday, July 28, 2019

H11 Newsletter in preparation

This particular issue of the H11 Newsletter will not do a summary of rest spots/geographical areas in the world where H11 has been mentioned. I will reserve that for the first issue of each volume. It is quite time consuming but I do mention it separately and within the newsletter in hopes that members of the group who have been able to locate the resting spot for their furtherest back ancestor will add it to their kit.

I continue brickwalled in Birmingham with my great grandmother Ellen Taylor wife of Edwin Denner Buller. Although I have done a fair amount of research and attempted to eliminate as many Ellen Taylors born in Birmingham in the 1859 to 1862 time period, my thoughts with regard to her parents remains a possibility rather than a probability. I do not on any site or with any of my siblings have a conclusive match with a descendant of Thomas Taylor and Ellen (Roberts) Taylor the possible parents of my Ellen Taylor.

That isn't actually what brought me to the administration of the H11 haplogroup nearly ten years ago however. I was intensely interested and remain thus in the deep ancestry of my particular line. There are several distinct mutations placing me into H11a2a1 with one further mutation that is familial that have assisted me in my quest. For instance I am confident that my line has deep ancestry in Ayrshire/Argyllshire, Scotland. This particular grouping is also found in Country Antrim (and nearby counties in Northern Ireland) as well as in the south of Ireland. It will be the further mutation that will perhaps point more directly to the ancestry of my line.

This haplogroup H11 wintered during the Last Glacial Maximum at Ukraina. H11 is found quite extensively in Russia, the Baltic States, and the Ukraine placing the descendants of those early peoples in the same area in which their ancestors have lived for 20,000 years or more. There is a trek for H11 into Western Europe and the British Isles both across the Channel and via Scandinavia (Doggerland perhaps). In some cases H11 also went south in Europe and can be found in small numbers in Southern Europe.

H11 is a very small portion of Haplogroup H and I will once again discuss that in this newsletter as there have been newer articles since I last wrote about the size of H11 within Haplogroup H.

No comments: