Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Cleaning all accomplished and a new month has arrived

The first of the month is always a refreshing day; we begin the count anew for the days and each one of these days of March brings us closer to that exciting moment in the spring when the buds swell up on the trees and give forth their beauty. God continues to marvel us in so many ways; Mother Nature gives us the beauty of our days every day. The Lenten message from  Dr. Nahimana of PIH Rwanda is again one of hope and the love in our world that Jesus brought with him. God is great. But we must always follow the right path and not test the Lord your God. Testing God is not loving God. Slowly we move through Lent but unlike the early Christians we know the ending but the sadness of Lent is always there to remind us of the gift that God gave to us. Today I have chosen Ian White's Psalms CD to play. It is the only CD that I actually purchased on my own at a meeting as I recall; Edward and I generally purchased the Classical Religious and modern Religious music together. I also have about twenty Classical Religious and modern Religious music which I also enjoy very much. I tend more towards Classical Music and especially Religious music having grown up in a household where two kinds of records were played - Religious Classical and the speeches of Winston Churchill during the Second World War. Mind you I think there was some popular music but the Religious Classical and speeches of Winston Churchill stick in my mind from the first twenty years of my life. So today I shall listen to the Psalms all day. I love to experience the Psalms during Lent and then at Easter I can play the CDs of all those lovely Easter hymns and fill the house with my own singing in company. 

The Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter will be published today. It was a lot of work but I enjoyed putting together what I found. Someday others will find more and each one in his turn will bring to life those ancestors of old. But this is my time to do that and I will attempt to do the best job that I can do. It reminds me of the love that my grandmother had for her husband which showed in her eyes when I was a child. My Grandmother, Uncle and Aunt were my escape from so many people when I was a child. I enjoyed my time with all my siblings but it was also nice to just be somewhere that felt also like home.I think that is nice for children to have more than one place that is special.

Today is my first research day and back to the Siderfin Book for a couple of weeks until I start working on the Blake Newsletter. I am into Volume 12 now and this will be the second issue. I talked about continuing with Charlou Dolan's chart of the descendants of Robert Blake in this next issue. At some point I will get back to the Somerset Lay Subsidies and working on the Blake family there. I am also going through the Devon Lay Subsidies 1524-7 collecting up the Blake surname and they were there as I expected to find them. The idea that the Blake family in West Devon was descendant of the Andover Blake family (James Blake of Knights Enham) does appear to be over-ruled by these early Devon Lay Subsidies but more on that in the Newsletter. The Blake Newsletter is different from the Pincombe Newsletter. I have the Blake Newsletter as part of the Guild of one-name studies in my files and when I step down from that Study the Newsletter will likely cease. The Pincombe I will probably continue to work on as long as I am able; it is of a more personal nature as well as being my study at the Guild. 

On the Siderfin Book, I will continue with merging the data from the first census in 1841 to the BMBs that exist for the Siderfin family thus pushing those families back further and further into time. The 1600s are the difficult period and gradually I may yet be able to build a solid proof for the descent of the fifth generation. 

Breakfast is next and my exercise routine will begin again. The cleaning does interrupt that regular time of my life. I cannot do both; that is for sure.


No comments: