This has been an exhausting week. I will never book a dentist appointment again when I am looking after the dogs. It wasn't their fault at all; entirely me and my nervous disorder (uncharacterized and I just never got around to working on that and probably never will). Seeing myself in my grandson has been an eye opener for sure. As his speech improves I can remember that when I was his age. So perhaps it is part of the Autism Spectrum who knows and at 81 it probably doesn't really matter. I seldom have conversations with people; I seldom work with people and my time not spent working on my research is spent with my family. My nerves though are somewhat frayed and need a nice rest and that is happening. I shall continue spending the month of September renewing my nerves and doing my research I find that very relaxing. Although I suggested a dental appointment between 8 Sep and 22 Sep to fill the tiny cavity. I have not heard back so will not contact them again until after September. I keep thinking if I had driven myself to the dentist then discovering the change in the setup of wearing indoor shoes I could have just popped out to the car and got my shoe bag and all would have been solved (except I really was quite tired but cancelling two years in a row would have been dreadful and I wasn't infectious) but it is just part of a block away and did consider going back home to get my bag actually. I was quite tired though and the migraine was settled in somewhat. Anyway water under the bridge and I will take care of that tooth soon enough. Although it might be exciting to think of never having to go to a dentist again the reality is that your own teeth are really better and I do know that as an adult. Although my grandmother certainly never complained about her false teeth but she was a realist and I suspect I am also! Plus I do pay for the dental plan so might as well use it! Some years I actually do use everything that I pay into it but mostly not. But I might one day.
So no research done yet. The dogs have been fed and had a run. They are sleeping it off. They weight around 50 pounds and around 65 pounds each so taking them for a walk is not something I would contemplate at any time. One at a time I could manage. They are such good dogs although the one is a barker but she lives in the country with a woods behind her and it just not used to city noises and people. The older dog rarely barks which is great. But they are good sleepers; in bed at 9 and up at 8 and very well rested. I never hear anything from them in the night. Well they do move around a bit. I did sleep in the same room with them for a couple of nights to help them with the change but I disturb them and so I slept elsewhere but close by.
My Bible Readings have suffered this week but I will go into 2 Chronicles soon and read a couple of chapters. I did think this might happen and it has. These two books are really repeating the stories of the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah that have already been discussed in earlier chapters but are a wonderful recitation of those times and were apparently written for the Jewish people in exile in Babylon (and I think Assyria not sure about that). Babylon is Iraq these days - interesting when one looks back in history. I used to think it was Iran but did a quick check on that and within the modern country of Iraq is the original location of Babylon.
Research today hopefully working on the last block of matches and then back to phasing my great grandparents. This has truly been a rather fascinating path that I entered into around 2005. My mother was into family research and started asking me about DNA in the late 1990s. She was interested in the identification of family lines. I explained yDNA, atDNA and mtDNA to her but really yDNA and mtDNA were the only two that were really in the news so to speak at this time. I did tell her that eventually atDNA would become mainstream and that was the way to really identify cousin matches. I did promise her that I would investigate this and our last visit together we talked about yDNA and I was a bit slow contacting my uncle in that regard (her brother) but it was in his thoughts. It just didn't happen. He was 89 and lived in Toronto; I lived in Ottawa and was working full time. My interest in genealogy about zilch but I always listened to both of them and can recall our conversations on the topic. They both found it fascinating that they could test to relate to people. I was very interested in DNA as a child when the first papers were released on the helical shape of DNA in 1953 in the April issue of Nature and that it carries genetic information. I was pretty young but it is surprising how some topics can catch a child's interest. This was 1951-2 when the experiments were done and one mustn't forget the work of Rosalind Franklin and her student Raymond Gosling capturing the x-ray diffraction image of the helical shape of DNA along with the work of James Watson and Francis Crick on the actual structure of DNA in Cambridge, England.
Already time for my first 250 steps at 9 a.m. My readings and then solitaire puzzles.
No comments:
Post a Comment