Monday, January 21, 2019

Genesis versus Gedmatch

Still running comparisons on my Genesis results versus my Gedmatch results. Discovered one interesting item today. A match with a known 5th cousin once removed changed slightly between the two databases. The match still shows up as schematically one match but the values show a break about in the  middle. My match and I are related on my Rawlins line but the match has two Rawlins lines with her ?x great grandparents marrying descendants of two siblings (one of the siblings is my ancestor). Interesting to find the slight difference. It doesn't affect our overall match and I can see that I need to pay attention on Genesis to close together matches of less than 10 cM that I might have ignored in Gedmatch unless there was a reason to look at it.

Is Genesis more accurate than Gedmatch? I am beginning to explore that thought. I thought there wouldn't be much difference between the two but it does appear that slight differences are occurring and I am rerunning my larger matches and making a second record on each datasheet in excel for these matches.

No comments: