Saturday, March 30, 2019

Blake Newsletter

I am just in the process of putting together the Blake Newsletter for the 1st of April. This will be the second issue of volume 8. This was my first attempt at a newsletter and I am somewhat satisfied with it. The main purpose was to try to look at several different aspects of the Blake One-Name Study which I started in 2011. My husband was ill at that time and we spent most of our time at home thus giving me long hours to work on my various projects. This newsletter was one of those projects. Fortunately a pacemaker restored his health and we did move on to more traveling but it did take a little while thus permitting me to get myself into the scheme of producing a newsletter four times a year. Initially I stuck to two pages but lately I have allowed it to expand as I decided to publish my Andover, Hampshire transcriptions. They are not proofread but I do not make a lot of changes so decided to get the material out there for people to use and they can always write to me if they have a query about a record.

As I was writing a glance out the window revealed a heavy snowfall, promised but one does hope it might pass by! However, it is snowing and we will probably get 5 to 10 centimetres the weather people are reporting. Fortunately we have had quite a bit of melting and we were just starting to see the ground once again in spots. Our front lawn still has about a metre of standing snow (accumulated from all of our shoveling partially) but it also has come down considerably. For a while in the winter we were looking at a wall of snow as we left our lane way very cautiously.

Back to the Newsletter and hope to have it done by Monday.

No comments: