Thursday, November 25, 2021

Chromosome 14 completed

 Chromosome 14 is completed and with a number of good third cousin and one half second cousin matches I am quite happy with the results. In this case looking at the numerical values solves a small zero match glitch that shows up visually. 

Chromosome 13 has an amazing number of data points which end up in 12 crossover points which result in just a few crossover points for each sibling. It looks complicated but other than the numerical values from 105 to 115 flows easily. I shall contemplate the last part of the chromosome for a bit. I have some good matches again on this chromosome especially at the end I am looking at. 

This has been a good look at phasing my grandparents and I am noticing as I work my way through the possibilities of creating such charts for my great grandparents. I do have a number of areas where it is obvious that part of a length of a particular known chromosome belongs to one set of great grandparents and another part to the other set in that family grouping. I need to decide if that knowledge is worth the effort of breaking it out or whether my time is better spent on my newsletter research and my Siderfin book and others in my mind. For the moment the newsletters and books win out. It is a number of years since I have had so much time to contemplate my own research and think for long periods about it. 

No comments: