Monday, April 25, 2022

DNA Day at Family Search

A spectacular day of DNA at Family Search on Zoom today. A well spent day for sure and the lectures are up on Facebook so can be enjoyed several times. I found them all interesting but especially the advanced classes were most interesting. It is always worthwhile to see how other people do their DNA. With the results of five siblings and known cousins from all but one of my great grandparents (and the ones there are assumed); doing a visual phasing of my grandparents proved to be very handy for my continuing research in DNA. I have never actually created an excel chart of the percentages of shared grandparent DNA with the five of us siblings so have started that today. I will work away at it over time - no rush. 

I did work on the Kip-Kipp Newsletter but I need to decide exactly what I will add to the latter part of the life of Hendrick Hendricksen Kip. I will put his will in at the end. I need to decide the next person to discuss. Jacob Hendricksen Kip was the second son and I may begin with him. But it is a while since Edward and I really talked about the yDNA so will do some research first before I move on to the next person. 

No comments: