Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Cloudy today

This cloudy day is a boon for me as I have been suffering from migraines the last little while although it is now turning sunny for the moment. I am avoiding bright light for more than a few minutes at a time. I experienced that for a few days after the first eye was operated on and it did extend into the week or two that followed but this time it is a much stronger sensitivity but it is my stronger eye and has been doing the lions share of the work through my life. The swelling is still there although decreasing over time but I am careful to keep up with my eye drops and on a regular basis as given to me. I think when the fourth week comes I will continue as I did before but for a week instead of three days to wean myself off of them. By the time that I have finished doing that it will be time for my optometrist appointment and I can get his opinion on the light sensitivity and the migraines. Since the conduit to an ophthalmologist is by referral from an optometrist that approach seems reasonable. I have had migraines for a very long time though although I first really remember them when we got a colour television. I could not bear to look at the screen with all the flashing lights. That is still the case somewhat as I avoid looking at it directly for long periods of time. But I may have solved my present migraines as I have been wearing my wrap around sunglasses to keep the dust out of my eyes while I was cleaning and apparently that is not a good idea to wear sunglasses in the house. I had tried the wielders glasses but found them strange. So I will cease doing that.

Yesterday an answer to my query about putting on storm doors (the old ones are just that really old; one is about fifteen years old and the other is 45 years old). I decided to try Home Depot service of finding a contractor and after two sets of three suggestions one responded  and came by to measure the doors and will send me a quote. The quote has arrived in my inbox and I will handle that very soon this morning. Since I have a few tasks I discussed those with him as well as the fence extension on the front lawn. I need to do something about the front porch as well which is pulling away from the wall and I wasn't clever using the hardening sand and it has obliterated the colour from my current tiles. He did have a solution and I will pursue that in the fall. I am looking forward to the lovely new doors for sure. The hardworking aluminium doors will be recycled which is good news. 

The reading for today is from Habakkuk 2. This utterance as defined by the Concordance of the Bible is an answer to the questions posed in the first chapter of Habakkuk. One ponders what is meant by these words. Is God talking about the terrorists that Iran funds - Hamas, Hezbollah and Houthis? Will the Palestinians cast off the vipers (Hamas) in their midst who have destroyed their lives with their wanton desire for genocide against the Jewish people? Hamas did steal from the Palestinians and lied to them and taught their children to hate a people who have not wronged them. The entire chapter reads as a condemnation of Hamas as I see it. Hamas is evil (granted some of them are Palestinians but they do not represent the best interests of their people).

But they will be mocked
with these words:
    You're doomed!
You stored up stolen goods
and cheated others
    of what belonged to them.
But without warning,
those you owe
    will demand payment.
Then you will become
    a frightened victim.
You robbed cities and nations
everywhere on earth
    and murdered their people.
Now those who survived
    will be as cruel to you.

Peace is all that our fallen soldiers wanted by fighting in two World Wars in the past century and we need to find that peace so that their souls can rest in peace through eternity knowing that their sacrifice led the way to peace in our time. 

More funding for the military should be our primary concern. It is always nice to provide extras in life like dental care for those who can not afford it but we all have a responsibility to be prudent in our spending so that our needs as a country can be satisfied first before pleasure.

No comments: