Monday, June 3, 2013

Wills for the Foote Family of Shalford and Royston

My husband and I transcribed the wills for John Foote of Royston and Robert Foote of Shalford the last couple of days. These two men are direct ancestors of my husband's Nathaniel Foote of Massachusetts. Nathaniel Foote was the emigrant from England to America in the 1630s.

I used to wonder why my husband didn\t have any ancestor stories but it was because 90% of his ancestors came to the Americas by the mid 1600s and of course you have the doubling effect giving an enormous number of American ancestors some of whom become Loyalists and others who remained in the United States coming to Canada as settlers into south western Ontario. I expect my husband will publish these wills on his website one of these days.

No comments: