Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Writing up one of my great grandfather's siblings

Writing up my great great grandparents John Blake's and Ann (Farmer) Blake's descendants and one particular descendant Elizabeth Holdway (daughter of Sarah Ann Annetts, grand daughter of Martha Blake) had married George Sillence in Upper Clatford 25th December 1909. Unfortunately George died Dec quarter 1911 leaving just one child a son Stephen George Sillence born 9 Jun 1911. He married Evelyn M Greenhill Dec quarter 1936 in Andover RD. This couple had just one child: Shirley A Sillence born Dec quarter 1937 in Andover RD and married to Peter Higgins Sep quarter 1959 in Andover RD.


Elizabeth (Holdway) Sillence appears to have remarried in Dec quarter 1912 in Andover RD. She died likely as Elizabeth Kent Sep quarter 1937 in Andover RD. Hence it is likely that she married James Kent. Likely Elizabeth and James had three children although I am not entirely sure of that and tried to see if anyone else knew. I wrote to a particular tree on My Heritage and received a wonderful response back. He also did not know for sure as he was not necessarily researching that line. I had not bought certificates in these collateral lines. If they are on my fiche then I can find them otherwise it isn't possible yet to easily determine without purchasing the certificate.

However the three children which I located were Robert James Kent, Frederick William Kent both born 1st May 1913 in Andover RD and Mary A M Kent born 25 May 1916 in Andover RD. I found Robert James Kent (single) on the 1939 Register and living in the same household Arthur S Aldridge, Mary A M Aldridge and Sylvia Kent (married). Likely Mary A M Kent married Sidney Arthur Aldridge Sep quarter 1937 in Andover RD. The record shows one closed record and this couple had one child - Michael S Aldridge born Sep quarter 1938 in Andover RD. A second child was not born until Jun quarter 1940. Robert James Kent likely married Irene J Aldridge Mar quarter 1941 in Andover RD. I could not find Frederick William Kent on the 1939 register but he likely married Sylvia Lipthorpe Jun quarter 1939 in Andover RD.

Sometimes it amazes me how so much can come together with just a few records. Stephen George Sillence is my 3rd cousin (he was born 30 plus years before me). However my great grandfather Edward Blake was 16 years younger than Martha Blake his sister. Plus my father was over 40 years of age when I was born creating such a difference in ages between 3rd cousins. Robert James Kent, Frederick William Kent and Mary A M Kent are all also my 3rd cousins.


No comments: