Friday, December 21, 2018

Racoon

I missed all of the noise but apparently a racoon got into our attic. During a wind storm a few months back I thought that we had wind damage and we had someone come and look at it but he said no, it looked normal. Well that clever little racoon managed to get a fingerhold in that siding and he pulled it back and got in last night during a freezing rain storm. The animal retrieval people have put a trap in and hopefully he/she will soon go in there and eat the food.

Freezing rain again today and then snow tomorrow on top of that. It will be an interesting Christmas I am thinking. We are more or less ready for Christmas. I still have to write my family letter. This fall has passed very quickly although my new interest in a health care project is taking up a lot less time now than it was. Since the area I am living in is not part of their pilot project probably they could just pass me by. I will watch out for other opportunities to do health care projects though in the future. It was quite interesting and the course was very revealing in terms of how I could be involved in projects now that I no longer work in health care but could be involved as a member of the public.

I do not have any health issues but there are also wellness projects and senior exercise projects and they fit me to a T. I think that the more interest in senior aging the better. It will help to minimize the costs as this huge group of us passes through our senior years and avoid building new hospitals which may not be needed as the smaller group follows us through their life cycle.

It would appear that our racoon has left us through a one way door seeking water and food perhaps. If he/she made an attempt to return it has been unsuccessful. The animal came in on a nasty freezing rain night. Although sympathetic to his/her needs I do hope a better shelter has been located by him/her. 

No comments: