Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Physiotherapy once again

Forgot to record my latest physiotherapy appointment last Friday. I had had trouble with one of the exercises so had to give it up for a few days after the appointment before last. Then decided to try it again a few days before the last appointment. I took it a little slower and this time it worked out with a slight modification that I added to it. I am finding that I need a longer time between appointments to get the full benefit of the exercises. That is probably because I am 74 I am thinking. Plus with all of my husband's appointments and my work I just do not really have time to go oftener I find. Every two weeks will suit me much better.

I am now up to 16,000 steps plus most days and doing about 2 to 2.5 hours of exercise per day. I am still not running and have decided not to start running until at least April or May when the nicer weather comes. I am biking at Level 2 now for 12 minutes of the 30 minutes that I bike. That is working out well for me. I was doing 20,000 steps per day so will continue to move towards that as a goal. Because I do work at the computer five to six hours per day it is really necessary for me to put a decided effort into walking as much as can be fitted into a day.

I had thought that I would like to do physiotherapy once a month from now on but I am changing my mind and will just complete this set of appointments working on my sprained meniscus and strained hamstring and then go back to organizing my own exercises. Hopefully I can now avoid any injury although falls are something that are much more difficult to prevent given my poor eyesight. I shall just be much more careful.

No comments: