Friday, May 6, 2022

Intrigued by the Cluster matches

 Along with cleaning yesterday, I found myself intrigued by the Cluster matches. I really have not looked a lot at my My Heritage matches. It was the last test that I did but with the new software on DNA Painter I found myself curious about all of these matches in clusters. I think some of the clusters can readily be combined but will contemplate that at a later date. There are a lot of Buller families in New Zealand along with Pincombe and Rawlings. Not a lot of Blake families there; most of my closest relatives remain in England. The Buller, Pincombe and Rawlings are fourth cousins or more going back to my 3s and 4x great grandparents. But some may be closer going back to the 2x great grandparents but I couldn't spot it earlier when I took a look at some of these matches. Their trees are not complete enough likely because I have such long generations and these matches are third cousins once, twice or three times removed. My father was over fourty when I was born, his father was in his late 20s when my father was born and my grandfather's father was 30 when my grandfather was born and my 2x great grandfather was 48 when my great grandfather was born and that is just the Blake line. All of my grandparents were born 1872, 1875, 1876 and 1886 respectively. Even though I am 76 that is quite a spread in years and it continues thus back in time. 

Dusting today and working away on the cluster matches. I need to keep downloading baptisms, marriages and deaths for Siderfins but my eyes needed a rest from the registers for a couple of days. I can not proceed further without more information on the fourth generation. 

One wonders when it will end in Ukraine - it is dreadful what is happening there. It is barbaric and not the kind of life that one envisions for the twenty first century. We need to move on beyond such barbarism.  This world has evolved because people's right to choose has always been possible by simply moving on but the world is now all divided up and moving on is not as easy as it once was. There are so many billions of people  to be accommodated that loose canons like Putin and his thugs need to be eliminated unless they will back off and conform to the new normal. If you want people to be part of your group you need to be nice to them; not attack them militarily.

No comments: