Monday, December 19, 2022

The winter moon high in the sky at daybreak

Winter has so many interesting happenings. On the clear mornings when dawn breaks, the winter moon is high in the sky. Dawn today is a yellowish glow in the sky promising a cold day probably although no snow. When it is cold the snow is very dry and flaky which is not a bad tradeoff for the days around zero when the snow is thick and heavy with moisture. 

Today is cleaning day and I begin in the basement since that is where the vacuum migrated to last cleaning week. This works very well and no more dragging the vacuum up two flights of stairs. 

Started Chromosome 21 and like Chromosome 22 I do not have a lot of good matches for some of my grandparents but I do have some new interesting ones so will see if I get much time to work on that. 

Other than that we are into the week before Christmas and by far this was Edward's favourite time of the year. Growing up in a family of just three - his mother and his older brother - Christmas was a quiet time. Merging with my family - Christmas was a busy time and he loved that. Funny I tended to opt for the quieter time although did enjoy time with my family. 

On to the day. Breakfast awaits. 

No comments: