Friday, September 22, 2023

Busy day yesterday - gardening, dentist

I h

 

Had a busy day yesterday gardening and going to the dentist for a cleaning. The lawn needed cutting and the patio bricks have grown a few weeds so plucked them out. The trees are shedding dead branches so picked all of those up and broke them up and into a bag. Maybe half a bag of gardening recycling so far; might try and fill that more today so it is a full bag and it is Garbage Day. 

Not too much work on the Siderfin Book. I went through and put in the numerical descendant level for each individual in the eighth generation. This appears in the seventh because they are children of particular families but is a good check/balance system to be sure I have everyone in the right order. It is self explanatory and I use it in my blog as well where Robert 8 has descended from John 7, John 6, Robert 5, William 4, Robert 3, William 2, John 1 and I can quickly see that he is of the William-Line as that style started in the Fourth Generation with William 4 and John 7 is the individual that I postulate was an older brother and son of John 6 who married Mary Chapman and this John was the younger son of Robert 5 of Timberscombe and East Lynch. Works well for me and I do hope that it is readily understandable in the book by everyone. I use it from the beginning of the recitation of the generations. 

Ian White's Psalms playing at 6:30 a.m. as I write to my blog. Soon I will do my first set of jumping jacks and have my tea. As the winter progresses the first thing I will do in the morning is make my tea as I keep the house at 20 degrees celsius (now it is set to have the heat come on if it goes below 19 degrees celsius although  tempted to make that 18 as the sun heats the house in the day) and hot tea is good first thing in the morning. Another day is beginning in the east as the sky was lightening when at six very slightly and now one can see the lightening sky behind the trees. It has been another good summer of growth as there is less and less bare sky visible to the eyes. 

Today more work on the Siderfin book as I do the footnoting for baptisms/marriages/burials and any other detail that I think could use a footnote before proceeding onto Generation Nine. 

I will also start to look at the Blake Newsletter for the first of October. As this Fall has moved forward so have my thoughts on how to publish all of the research that I have done in particular the wills of the Blake families of England. I still have perhaps 500 to do but for many of the Counties I have already published the wills on my blog but it would be good to bring them together into an *.pdf and publish them under a Creative Commons License. That will happen coincidentally with my work on the Pincombe and Blake books. 

I am now committed to helping with the obituary page for my High School which is online. It will be a small part that I play but I am pleased to be able to pay back to my school for all of the really great teaching that I had there. I did have some friends but mostly I kept to myself and the people that I did know are no longer known to me but that is more me I think than anything. I am more of a family person than an outgoing person. I have projects that I like to do and although friendship is probably good for people it does take up quite a bit of time and at this time in my life time is being allocated to my projects. Perhaps if I reach a very old age I will once again sit at tea with people in a nursing home somewhere or not. Who knows how life will flow really? Only God knows that and I leave everything pretty much up to God as regards the flow of my time. 

I agree with Ukraine that Russia should be temporarily stripped of their veto power in the Security Council; they have broken the rule - invaded a free country for their own greedy gain. When they actually show themselves to be the enemies of Nazism that they claimed to be in 1945 then they can have the veto power back but at the moment they are showing that same vengeance that they showed to the countries that they overran on their way to Germany in 1945 - suffocating any freedom for anyone and it lasted through the Cold War. When the Soviet Union collapsed it was meant to be they were cruel to the people of these countries and their freedom was wondrous and we should do all that we can to help Ukraine force out the Russians from their sovereign territory. Glory to Ukraine. 

I am saddened to see the Russian men so abused by their government; Rise up O Russia and cast off these psychopathic Nazis namely Putin and his enablers. You did it once; do it again. 

On to the day. 

No comments: