Thursday, March 21, 2024

Snow 5 cm is predicted

There is a 5 cm snowfall predicted for the end of the week. That would be a nice end to winter for sure. It has been a strange winter here. Climate Change is having an incredible effect on Canada with out polar regions being a large part of our country. Perhaps one more day of skiing is in the works.

Today is a Pencombe day and I have a few more thoughts on Philip Pynkeham at Tawstock that I will check out. I do not want to just wantonly discard him from the book but do need to have more information to encourage me to put him in. The forename is definitely unusual to the William, John and Thomas forenames that I am finding generally in the 1300s/1400s for the Pencombe family of Herefordshire. 

Perhaps some searching of the archives to continue today with Pencombe. Perhaps getting back to actually writing the book as I have only been blogging my abstract thoughts as they come to me. 

Verified my appointment with the surgeon for cataract surgery - preliminary examination for surgery in late May hopefully. Actually looking forward to this being done and getting back to my books after a couple of months off perhaps. Time will tell. I have no idea. I have never really known anyone who had cataract surgery other than my parents (and my sister but she too is far away and did not really go into details and I like to just follow the flow for such things) and I was here and they were 700 kilometres away during all of that so no really close information.  But it is good to be enthusiastic likely. I have had no actual surgery in my life; just lucky likely and only a couple of procedures other than the delivery of two children. But I really do think people should get their surgeries sooner rather than later if they need them. So all verified and on to the appointment. My eyes are actually my only weak item but I have lived with them for 78.5 years and glasses for 77+ years. Apparently I did not walk free until glasses were put on me when I was just eighteen months. I hung on the furniture, people, the dog whatever to get around before then apparently. I have no idea why glasses suddenly made my world visible/steady enough for me to get up and walk across a room unaided. But I do remember having dizzy spells as a young child sometimes when my lenses were changed and perhaps that was it. But I made up for it as once mobile I had to be followed (the dog was good at that and bringing me back home) as I was on the move. We were inseparable the dog and I apparently and the dog seemed to know I was not like my three older siblings none of whom wore glasses as children because he would hold on to my clothes to take me home again my grandmother said. I have no memory of the dog as he was put down when I was around three years of age. I think he was about about ten years old - a large border collie. I do not remember the touch of his fur even. Seems strange really when he was so much part of my life until I was nearly three. 

On to the Archives and I shall record anything interesting but also have a look at what I have written thus far in this chapter on the de Pencombe family of Herefordshire.  

Just a day of reading and exercise. Tomorrow Blake.




No comments: