Thursday, June 20, 2019

Beginning with Blake wills from Kent

I have checked all the countries alphabetically up to Kent and will begin with this set of 26 wills. It feels very pleasant to be back transcribing once again. It is two years since I regularly transcribed wills.

Wills will become the centerpiece of my research once again. I have given thought to the idea of putting the entire Probate Index on my website and having a sort function. For the moment I will gradually introduce the column with the hypertext link back to the pertinent will in my blog which I want in the probate indexes that I have already produced and add in all of the name references (Blake was left out in my submission to the Probate Index to the Guild of one-name studies as is their custom) and then I will simply publish the resultant list on my blog with a label that can easily bring them together for any interested researcher.

The label will be "List of Individuals in Transcribed Wills." 

No comments: