Saturday, May 16, 2020

Moving along

My husband is getting better slow but sure. He will be another day in hospital perhaps or more and then home again. When I called him today he sounded much cheerier and our conversation was somewhat shortened as he said he was busy with another item. That sounds more like him and was refreshing to hear actually.

A couple of emails from more cousins in England. I guess the lockdown has more of them looking at their ancestry. My Blake (maiden name) family there is huge and I have corresponded with some of them. Many of them live in the London area and likely do not know each other as each new contact does not mention anyone else! It is funny that I end up speaking to so many via email. That was the case about ten years ago when I first met descendants of all the siblings of my 2x great grandmother Elizabeth (Rew) Pincombe on Genes Reunited.

Working on the new matches that I have found and getting them painted and then charted into my excel files and added to my individual chromosome match files. Then I shall return to Chromosome 3 as a number of them were for that chromosome to aid me in figuring out the discrepancy that is appearing. A couple of them I could clearly trace back so I may yet make progress on Chromosome 3. Generally I start with Chromosome 23 and work the other way and it is likely quicker that way as the chromosomes are shorter with fewer crossovers. But I started on 1 and it flowed well and then 2 so decided to go this route this time.

Some days I forget about COVID-19 if I am not out and about. My day just flows along with the things that I do. However, once you decide to go out into the world then you can feel the changes as you don a mask and practice social distancing where ever you are.

No comments: