Friday, May 8, 2020

Renovation

Seems like an odd thing to do perhaps in the midst of a pandemic but one of the posts on our railing has loosened and we have been talking about putting in a second railing on the opposite side of our staircase. Today we had the estimator come in and appraise the situation. We need to take out the old railing along the one side (open half way down to the lower level) and add a second railing to the opposite side (closed all the way). I feel that my husband needs the extra security of two railings coming up and down the stairs (and likely it will not hurt me to have that as well since I have fallen down those stairs many times). My eyesight is not the strongest in the world and I used to miss my step sometimes. I always hold on to the railing these days; I have learned my lesson.

No ideas on how long it will take to do the work in terms of a start date and the time for construction is estimated at six hours.

I still have not completed Chromosome 3 as I found a new match and then started looking at My heritage so that in total I now have another sixteen matches for various chromosomes in my "New Matches" section. I will work my way through them; painting them, adding them to my various excel files before I return once again to Chromosome 3. I do not think I will hear from my new match as he has not checked his account for several months now. It would have been interesting to correspond with him for sure. But I seldom write anyone these days. I have an idea who he is but clarification would be most interesting.

My new information which my seventh cousin sent to me I am still incorporating into that particular family line. The Cobb family is quite interesting and I had taken it back to John Cobb and Sarah Beilby (Bielby). With Sarah's father being a John Beilby (Bielby). John I wasn't entirely sure about as I had noticed the John Cobb baptized at Wawne, East Riding of Yorkshire, son of John Cobb and Lucy Todd. Sarah was baptized at Great Driffield, East Riding of Yorkshire,  6 Nov 1720 father was John Beilby (Bielby) so a date of 10 April 1715 was reasonable. Lucy had been easy to find for my cousin and she was baptized 20 Jul 1694 at Wawne daughter of William Todd and Jane Gibson who were married 4 Dec 1684 at Wawne. Lucy Todd and John Cobb had also married at Wawne 8 Jul 1714. However Sarah Beilby (Bielby) and John Cobb married 14 Nov 1745 at Lund near Beverley. Their daughter Elizabeth was my 3x great grandmother. All the way back to one set of 7x great grandparents in that line. These people appear to have been farmers renting land from the Church mostly.


No comments: