Friday, September 24, 2021

The sun has returned

A bit sunny today and always welcomed. The sun in the winter is a very pleasant addition to any day especially as the back of our house faces into the sun and the warmth spreads throughout the house during the winter. We still burn a lot of gas for sure but the warming rays of the sun also do a good turn. 

I seem to be receiving a number of emails on Edward's research. I need to locate the person that is being discussed and then write back. I am blogging when it seems to be a worthwhile thing to do on his blog. My mind is busy with so many things at the moment that I haven't settled into a good routine yet looking at Edward's research boxes and my own research into the history of my parent's surnames - Blake and Pincombe. 

There is always this period of time in the fall when I am snatching time to work on research still but the long winter days are coming. 

I generally pull new matches first thing in the morning and that is probably an hour of my time looking at Ancestry, Ged Match, 23 and Me, Living DNA, FT DNA, and My Heritage for myself and all my siblings that have tested. It tends to go quickly as I do not look at anything these days that is less than 20 to 25 centimorgans in one length. The total doesn't weigh in very often but rather that there is one length greater than 20 centimorgans.  Most days I may have 1 or 2 matches some days more but not very often. A  large match in excess of 50 centimetres with 2 or perhaps 3 DNA lengths matching may also attract my attention but generally these can be distant and a result of my two collapsing pedigrees - one in the Knight line on my father's side and one in the Routledge line on my mother's side.

No comments: