Monday, September 13, 2021

Working on emails

 I have 2053 emails in my Inbox so a large chore ahead of me and it is time to work away at that. 

I know there are a few promised emails where I said I would check something out in one of my studies and will do those today hopefully. 

Other than that it is mostly filing and elimination. 

The Bible Reading for today is one that I particularly like from Mark 8: 1-13 but looking at the last section which has been conveniently labeled by the Canadian Bible Society as "A sign from Heaven"

The Pharisees came out and started an argument with Jesus. They wanted to test him by asking for a sign from heaven. Jesus groaned and said, “Why are you always looking for a sign? I can promise you that you will not be given one!” Then he left them. He again got into a boat and crossed over to the other side of the lake.

 I think that this is one of Jesus' comments that we should take very much to heart. He said that "I can promise you that you will not be given one!" I very much believe that Jesus listens to our prayers and guides us along a path that leads us eventually to where ever we are predestined to go. But that path isn't laid out in the stars for us to see. The rules that we were given by God through Moses are our mainstay and how we must live in order to fulfill the mandate we have as a Christian to live the life that God has given us. He isn't going to constantly send us signs to remind us of those rules; we are a clever people and should be able to follow the simple rules of the Ten Commandments.

We have developed, as a people, over time a rule book that controls our secular life but the controls on that are definitely here on earth.  

Amazingly by noon I am down to just under 1600 emails. It was a task that I have been putting off for a year nearly as the emails grew. I started sitting with Edward every morning so did not really look at my email very much until the time in the afternoon when he did his physiotherapy exercises. Half of an hour though did not give me very much time and then I would help him with his biking and we would watch more TV. I have barely watched TV since actually - maybe the news a few times a day and then one show on Netflix in the evening. 

Will set the emails aside for another day and work on a couple of projects that I have wanted to start for a while. Mind you I have not responded to a single email; they are sitting waiting for me to have gone through all the emails but thus far there are just around 50 of the 500 emails that need a longer look - i.e. not just direct filing or deletion. As I move further back the deletion rate is high as I did not have too much time to really go through anything.

No comments: