Sunday, March 27, 2022

Blake Newsletter completed

 Although I have added in all the groups to the discussion under yDNA I am no longer that familiar with groups outside of I haplogroup these days. At 76 I do not see myself managing deep studies of these results. Definitely individuals should join the project for their haplogroup as you will definitely learn more about the deep ancestry of your haplogroup there. 

The newsletter is 69 pages long but a lot of it is the transcription of the Andover Parish Registers. I decided to simply put them somewhere and the Blake project seemed like a good place. I have debated just publishing them in their own Newsletter but that would require another Newsletter and I am now up to publishing four newsletters with four issues a year and that is a lot of work. I still want to have time to do my own DNA research on my families. As I stretch towards 80 I am not sure how long I will continue with the newsletters and it will be on a year to year basis for sure. 

Ukraine prayers with you as always. It now just seems vindictive on the part of Putin; pure destruction of everything that means something to the people of Ukraine. It is starting to resemble a scorched earth policy to leave nothing remaining so that Putin, in his mind, can occupy all of this land and have no Ukrainians. He could try for the insane plea in the International Criminal Court and one hopes that he will just go away. I respected his aim to improve the life of the everyday Russian but it would appear that only the oligarchs including himself have benefitted from him being President for so long in Russia. He perhaps sees himself as a Czar wintering in the Crimea to get away from the long cold Moscow winters. Instead he also destroys life for the Russians who believed that they were equals in the world sharing in the benefits of a good education, good jobs and ability to travel and work anywhere in the world. Ukrainians have occupied their country since long before Russia became a nation. 

Church on You-Tube today and it is the beginning of my week always.

No comments: