Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Priorities have become Cleaning and Income Tax

Moving into the middle of March my priorities have become cleaning and income tax. 

 I can sort of see what I need to do to the y haplogroups of the Blake yDNA study. It might clean up the arrangement by putting together groups that have a similar ancient DNA line because there are a lot of known generations of Blake down to the present. The Hampshire lines that have presented themselves thus far can be traced back to the mid 1400s and the yDNA says they are quite ancient to the British Isles (likely 8000 to 12,000 years ago). The Wiltshire/Somerset lines can be traced back to the 1200s and that is thought to be a Norman line. The Devon line is thought to be descendant of the Hampshire line although I have not done that work myself. The Cornwall line traces back to the 1400s and that line appears to come from Breton. The lines in Norfolk/Suffolk can also be traced back to the 1400s although their origin is unknown but possibly continental coming to the British Isles likely by the 1200s-1300s. The line in the midlands is thought to be Norman and can be traced back to the 1200s. The same Norman as the Wiltshire/Somerset line possibly but still to be determined. 

My commitments are income tax and the Blake Newsletter by the first of April. But the Income Tax does not have to be in until the end of April. However, I am just lacking one piece of paper now to work on the taxes. I can create that piece of paper but the original would also be nice. Possibly lost in the mail and the Income Tax receive a copy from the bank anyway. 

Forward with the cleaning. I shall begin early today. My arthritis in my feet is playing a role in my life these days. I had to stop running for a few days but have been walking the 45 minutes instead. Will be happy to be back running one of these days.

No comments: