Thursday, August 18, 2022

Dogs visiting

 Spent the last couple of days looking after the dogs and it was a treat. They were so very good although they missed their usual family but I am still a portion of that as I spent all last winter with them plus the fall. But at night the sorrowful little eyes told me their story that they missed their people. But the two dogs are perfectly bonded and are a comfort to each other when they have to face the family still not being there in the evening. As the darkness sneaks in you can see the sadness in their little faces as they realize that what I have said all day is true; not today but the morning of the day of return their little faces are alive knowing that they return that day because I say it and they remember I have been saying that. 

Dogs are man's best friend I always learned as a child. Although I do not truly remember our dog when I was little there is a part of me that likely does as I make friends with dogs very quickly or perhaps I just think it but none the less I do love dogs and cats; they are such a wonderful addition to the human life in so many ways. 

Needless to say I did not accomplish any research as they kept me busy running about after them and patting them so the loneliness of being without their usual family evaporated during the day. Our yard is long and so they really enjoyed that huge run in the yard back and forth as they played all day long but with breaks coming in for the air conditioning. They always return often to make sure I am still there on the swing or come and walk about with me as I get my minimum of 250 steps per hour and usually much more. Yesterday was 17,575 steps. It was a good day of walking for sure as we went off kayaking and walking when the dogs went home with their family. 

Today is my usual Monday cleaning day and must get started at that. It will be a little briefer as I will clean again next Monday. 

Prayers for Ukraine as always. I have been watching a WWII series on Netflix and it does tell me that people do make history repeat itself as Putin and his enablers do continue to use Hitler's playbook for war. Will his enablers eventually try to kill Putin to get rid of him. Putin is destroying Russia.

No comments: