Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Back to phasing my great grandparents DNA along with other tasks

 A whole research day today mostly as I continue with the Pincombe Newsletter due 1st of December, work on phasing my great grandparents DNA, and continue extracting My Heritage matches from the Cluster data. I will  need to incorporate all these new matches into the system actually before I move on as there are 27 of them and more each day as I work on the My Heritage data. Need to check in on Ancestry as well with their interesting SideView which I have been able to utilize as I have enough large matches to determine which line is paternal and which line is maternal. Actually for my own kit I have 4298 matches on my maternal side and 5304 matches on my paternal side with 5703 unassigned although I have assigned a number of these now. I have three other siblings on Ancestry and their numbers are equally good and I have not yet changed any of the ones that I have looked at. So an interesting addition certainly and Ancestry does continue to charm with their new additions. Just one more item would be nice, the largest chromosome shared would be a neat addition, just that one number would aid me greatly looking at some of these matches that I can place given the shared matches tab but if they do match the matching area is likely just what I think it is but clarification is always nice. I do find Ancestry very interesting because it is easy to flip about to the search function looking at trees as one regards the matches. It is a huge database as well. 

Also hope to get in some reading time on Gottfried's book The Black Death as I am slightly over half way through now. It is most intriguing considering our recovery time from COVID's isolation effects is ongoing. That our ancestors of six hundred years ago went through a similar isolation time (although a much greater death rate) and how they recovered is simply quite fascinating. 

No comments: