Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Cleaning done for another week and on to the Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter

 Another successful week of cleaning and it does keep the dust down especially in the winter. I hate to spend my days sneezing! Although cleaning is not my favourite task it is a necessary one. Plus it is as always good exercise. Gradually I am seeing once again items that could be shared again by giving them to Salvation Army. Makes a little money for their charity outreach and I do not have to dust it anymore. Young people now a days look at family items differently than my mother did. I really do not look at them much at all; I am not a hoarder nor do I cling to the past. The future is where we are headed and dragging too much of the past along with us does not clean the air of the pollution of the last two hundred years of industrialization. We simply do not need the elements of the past that do not provide a clean future for the children of the world. 

The Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter is in the works. I pulled it up yesterday to remind myself of this issue's projects which I was trying to roughly outline in the prior issue. I read through the Protestation Returns for Devon that are extant in the Parliamentary Archives of the United Kingdom and drew out the records there that could be Pincombe or Pinkham and then dealt with some of the spellings that have been dangled in front of me for a few years. I did not really feel that some of them would be Pincombe or Pinkham and mentioned that in the last issue. But some new possibilities have crept in and now I want to take the original charts and compare them (where the information exists) with this Census of 1641 of England. It is such an opportunity that does not exist in every country to look at the male inhabitants over 18 years of age of villages from three hundred and eighty two years ago. There is the occasional female in these list. It was a time of radical change in religion and how the world was managed. The world was slowly moving towards industrialization and urbanization but it would take another century for that to really show.

Breakfast awaits. I need to put the Siderfin Book aside for a short time but I can see a path and it will be easier to get back to it. I need to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together from my earlier records to continue with the generations.

No comments: