Saturday, February 11, 2023

Working on the 1851 census for Siderfin

The 1851 Census has a limited number of Siderfin entries thus far. I need to do a further search of the databases today. A number of families (at least four) are missing that were on the 1841 and the 1861 census so must be there just not visible readily. 

I do have CDs of the census for Somerset so will move to those if I can not find something on the databases. Interesting though to see this coming together. I rather think that I had just started on that process way back in 2010 when I created the census file for Siderfin (I do think I downloaded it from Ancestry as my tendency is to do everything alphabetically). 

Today I have the laneway to clear as there was just a small snowfall but the sun is shining so want to take advantage of that to dry the laneway up so will clear it sooner rather than later. The snow has visibly shrunk in the backyard which is early generally that would happen in late February or early March. But we do get some of our heaviest snows in March so do not think about spring much yet. I do love the winter. 

The look out of the window is quite beautiful. The trees look so majestic in their height even though they are bare of leaves but the spring wonder is to come when the buds suddenly appear and then the leaves; another triumphant spring arrives in Canada. 


No comments: