Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Rain is promised again today

 The earth is slowly becoming more saturated which is good news; rain in our area is a blessing for sure. The Forest Fires that have been burning are dampened down for a bit hopefully. The sky today though is grey looking like rain again and amazingly the earth can still absorb a lot more. The growing after a rain is amazing; it has amazed me all of my life to watch the effect of rain on the flora. The trees just have this uplifted look to them as they soak up the goodness. Much of what God sees as he views the earth is the flora and fauna and the fisheries; we are but a small part of all of that. Like we have corralled in many living things so we are also corralled unless we live the life that God commanded. We learned our lesson back in the 1940s that Nazis can not be permitted to threaten the world - they are evil; their intent is always evil - they are greedy and that is the worst of the evils for sure. We must continue to help Ukraine to fight off that evil for themselves because, along with NATO, Russia can not break out and create the kind of havoc that the psychopathic Nazis Hitler and his enablers created. The flora and fauna can survive just about anything and still come out on top; nature always wins eventually in one way or another but we, homo sapiens, can not win if we permit Russia to win. We will lose; it will be a slow creeping loss but we will lose. We must obey God's commandments - love God with all our heart, soul and mind and strength and love our neighbour as ourselves. Our very survival depends on that. Glory to Ukraine and may we see  a free Ukraine united with a free Crimea. 

Today is a research day and I am looking forward to more merging of material. This will probably take most of July to reach the Eighth Generation where life will be a little smoother although I am sure that I will find entries that require a lot of sleuthing but we are coming into a more organized time in the history of the British Isles with the Parish Registers more complete and then the Census. I think I can see that by the end of the year I should have completed this task and will commence thinking about the Pencombe book. I am excited at that prospect as well. I heard a lot about the Pincombe family when I was a child mostly items that my mother remembered her father talking about but also from her uncle (by marriage as he married my mother's mother's sister) who was first cousin to my grandfather and they farmed side by side. It was a close family unit as I knew both my great aunt and uncle as a child and my mother did think of her Uncle as a replacement for her deceased father (he died when she was just eight years of age). So a lot of daydreaming to do with regard to the Pencombe book but the main concentration will be the Siderfin book until I complete it. Because I have such long generations Thomasine (unknown) Siderfin was my 7x great grandmother and her husband John (as I believe) my 7x great grandfather so I am working in the midst of my family line with the present work. Their son Robert married Elizabeth Question and then their son Augustine married Mary Davies 25 Sep 1720 at Cutcombe. Their son Robert married Grace Kent 5 Feb 1752 at Selworthy and their daughter Elizabeth married John Rew 30 Jan 1792 at Selworthy and their daughter Elizabeth married John Pincombe 9 Jan 1834 at Bishops Nympton and so the Pincombe and Siderfin families came together at that point in time. Their son William Robert was my great grandfather and although he was still alive when my mother was young her memories of him were either faint or retold to her as a child. Her only true memory was of a tent on their property during the summer when Spanish Flu was common and he died 7 Jun 1918 after returning from a trip to California. She always thought he died of Spanish Flu.But she would have only been two years of age at that time and her brother was four and a half so he perhaps remembered and kept her memory alive on all of that. Two is pretty young for sure. 

On to breakfast; the day moves forward.

No comments: