Thursday, January 11, 2024

Distribution Process - Siderfin Book

Since the Siderfin book has only a limited number of people who will find it of value I have now started a distribution process. I have given a copy to the Guild of one name studies library a few days ago. Today I sent a copy to the Somerset Archives and with the same statement to permit anyone who wishes to have a copy of the *.pdf. The Creative Commons Licence permits use of the material by others beginning immediately and my intent of using the creative commons Licence was to prevent it being sold as I give it freely to the genealogical world. I will carry on with the distribution  - Society of Genealogists (I am no longer a member), the Archives of the United Kingdom and I am contemplating where else it might have value to a researcher within the United Kingdom. I will then start to distribute in the United States - Family History Library, Allen County Public Library and will think of other places that may be interested in having the file. In Canada I will send it to Library and Archives Canada and the Ontario Genealogical Society. Some members of the family did go to Australia so will look for a location there as well as South Africa. But it is a small family (with the 12th generation the number is still less than a thousand and that includes people who no longer carry the Siderfin surname). I am very happy to hear any comments regarding the opinions and theories I have put forward as I will, probably late summer/early Fall produce a book that includes all of the charting that can be produced using Legacy and perhaps some hand charting. I would also include comments that people might have with regard to my theories. I would say that looking at the Fonds created for James Sanders in the North West Devon Record Office would be a very good idea. It is possible that the listing of items does not cover every will that he has included in the book. It is also possible that he has full wills for some which could prove to be interesting.  

After I have finished blogging the entire book I will also put up a link for downloading the entire book on the blog. It will be downloadable from my website. 

I am continuing with my work schedule of the Blake family of Andover Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the Pincombe family of North Molton Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I am into a discussion of the yDNA in each book and with  a y700 for a descendant of each line there is a lot of material to discuss. 

Beautiful snow now surrounds us here and more is expected on the weekend. That is fortunate as the plants do need that snow protection as the temperatures are going down steadily. Whether or not the Skating Rink here will be opened this winter - time will tell. Global warming most affects the polar countries and Canada is no exception to that.

No comments: