Thursday, April 4, 2024

Decisions

March for my studies became a throw away month whilst I contemplated the path for each of the two books. 

Pencombe became the easiest to resolve as I realized that the data that existed did not lend to the thought that Philip Pynkeham at Tawstock was related to the Pencombe family at North Molton. He is either related to an earlier Pencombe family that came to Devon from Herefordshire (not necessarily the same family which would be anticipated given the difference in y-DNA results) or is actually a member of the Tykenham family closeby but in the same hundred in this time frame. Decision made to not include Philip in the book. I will in each decade make decisions that lend themselves to the accumulated data. 

Blake ended up creating new chapters to look at Richard le Blak in Berkshire on the Pipe Rolls of 1301 and his family as it moved out of Berkshire and into Wiltshire and Hampshire. The Blake family of Calne does appear to be descendant of this Richard le  Blak and was he the Richard who received license to set up a market in England in 1274 (Calendar of Patent Rolls). This is not yet proven but I continue to look at the available data (available to me). I have added a chapter of the Le Blak family of Calne, I have also added a chapter which looks at two major Blake family documents - Blake Pedigree Chart of 1690 requisitioned by Daniel Blake of London, England with additions into the mid to latter part of the 1700s and the Blake Family Chart (additions up to the early 1920s) possibly created by Edward James Blake of Crewkerne, Somerset. This month of review was definitely worth while for the Blake family book. 

There is snow on the ground here but not a lot. Skiing may not happen! But the moisture is good for sure. 

Tea time and Latin next. 

I must continue pulling out the sets of data that I have collected for this family in the North Molton area

No comments: