Friday, May 17, 2024

Blessed rain

The fires are still burning but it is raining and rain during fire is a blessing for sure. We are definitely making up for the lack of snow cover in Ontario with all of this rain. So far no fires mentioned in this province - BC, AB and MB are under fire threat and in a big way. Fires do always burn in Canada in the forests - lightning strikes do cause some of these fires and perhaps most at this time - a little early for camping. 

Good work on gardening yesterday. The main garden is all weeded and almost covered with fresh black earth. I will go out soon and weed the side garden so that is ready for the 1st of June (last possible frost day is 1st of June in the Farmer's Almanac). The bedding plants will wait for chance of frost to pass but the seeds and bulbs can go into the ground mid week, next week. The world looks lush out the window green and bright. 

No other work done although I did write my thoughts on the world down in my post whilst I waited for the dentist appointment time. I am now wearing a night guard to protect my teeth - I clench them when I sleep apparently. Tried it and it is interesting. I will get used to it probably in a week or so. 

Latin lessons next, breakfast already eaten. I am enjoying the Latin. 

The Americans have completed the pier and deck to move supplies into Gaza. The first trucks are rolling. People will be fed. Israel is at court explaining why they have to eliminate Hamas - I think it is a non-brainer as you can not have people living next to you who constantly threaten your life. Hamas doesn't belong there really; they just found this willing area and they moved in. A desert island would be better for them and they can sit around and talk about their evil Nazi ways to each other. Really no one likes nazism that has any sense. 

On to the day. COVID shot today. 

No comments: