Sunday, May 14, 2017

Will of Michael Blake now belonging to his Majestys Ship Vanguard - The National Archives PROB 11/896, probated 1 Mar 1764

Michael Blake does not have any indication in his will of his Blake family.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 10 May 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/896
Name of testator: Michael Blake
Place: now belonging to his Majestys Ship Vanguard
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 13 Dec 1763, probated 1 Mar 1764

[In margin]: Michael Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Michael Blake Seaman belonging to his Majestys Ship Vanguard
3    being sick and weak in Body but of perfect mind and memory thanks
4    be to God calling into mind the Mortality of my Body and
5    knowing that tis appointed for all Men sure to die do make constitute
6    and ordain and publish this to stand and be for and as my last
7    Will and Testament that is to say principally and first of all I
8    recommend my Soul to the Great God that gave it and my Body
9    I recommend to either Earth or Sea as it shall please God to
10    order and as for and concerning all my Worldly Estate I do
11    give bequeath and dispose thereof in manner following first I
12    do give unto my beloved Friend Michael Sullivan all my wages
13    and pay bounty Money Smart Money prize Money and all other
11    Sum or Sums of Money whatsoever as now are and which
15    hereafter shall or may be due or payable unto me also such
16    pensions Salary Wages or all other Money and Things
17    whatsoever which now are or at any time hereafter shall or
18    may be due to me for my Service or otherwise in any one
19    of his Majestys Ship or Ships Frigates or vessels giving and
20    hereby granting unto the aforesaid Michael Syllivan my only
21    lawful Executor all my other Effects and Moveables as to me
22    belongeth and I do hereby constitute and appoint him the
23    sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament and I do
24    hereby utterly disallow revoke and disannul all and every other
25    Testaments Wills Legacies Bequests and Executors by me in any
26    ways before named willed or bequeathed ratifying and confirming this to
27    stand and be for and as my last Will and Testament In Witness
28    whereof I have hereunto set my Hand and Seal the thirteenth day
29    of December in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred
30    and Sixty three and in the fourth year of his Majestys Reign
31    King George the Third over Great Britain France and Ireland
32    defender of the Faith and so forth Michael Blake X his Mark
33    Signed sealed and published where no Stamps paper could be
34    had in the presence of us John Veysey snd Lieut Michl Burke
35    William Nicholson
36    This Will was proved at London before the Right
37    Worshipful Sir Edward Simpson Knight doctor of Laws Master
38    Keeper or Commissary of the prerogative Court of Canterbury
39    lawfully constituted on the first day of March in the Year of Our
40    Lord one thousand seven hundred and sixty four by the Oath
41    of Michael Sullivan the sole Executor named in the said
42    Will to whom Administration was granted of all and singular
43    the Goods Chattels and Credits of the deceased he having been
44    first sworn by Commission duly to administer

No comments: