Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Will of Joseph Blake now belonging to his Majestys Ship Torbay - The National Archives PROB 11/891, probated 5 Sep 1763

There is a marriage of a Joseph Blake of Bishopstrow, Wiltshire 12 Aug 1756 at Warminster St Denis to Sarah Sheppard by license with Benjamin Pearce as witness. There are other Blake families in Bishopstrow baptizing children in this time period.

Benjamin Blake baptized 28 Jan 1759 son of William and Alice Blake
John Blake baptized 13 Feb 1763 son of John and Ann Blake
Mary Blake baptized 21 Oct 1764 daughter of John and Ann Blake
Sarah Blake baptized 18 Mar 1764 daughter of William and Alice Blake

Earlier baptisms at Bishopstrow:

Mary Blake baptized 9 Dec 1716 daughter of Isaac and Jane Blake
William Blake baptized 28 Jun 1719 son of Isaac and Jane Blake
Isaac Blake baptized 26 Feb 1720 son of Isaac and Jane Blake

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 8 May 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/891
Name of testator: Joseph Blake
Place: now belonging to his Majestys Ship Torbay
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 8 May 1759, probated 5 Sep 1763

[In margin]: Testament: Joseph Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Joseph Blake now belonging to his Majestys Ship Torbay
3    the honourable Augustus Keppel Commander being in bodily
4    health and of Sound and disposing Mind and Memory and considering
5    the perils and dangers of the Seas and other uncertainities
6    of this Transistory life (do for avoiding controversies after my
7    decease) make publish and declare this my last Will and
8    Testament in manner following (that is to say) First I recommend
9    my Soul to God that Gave it and my Body I commit to the
10    Earth or Sea as it shall please God to Order and as for and
11    concerning all my Worldly Estate I Give bequeath and
12    dispose thereof as followeth that is to say all my Smart Money
13    Pension Money Short Allowance etc Likewise all my Wages
11    Sum and Sums of Money Lands Tenements Goods Chattels and
15    Estate whatsoever as shall be any ways due owing or belonging
16    unto me at the time of my decease I do give devise and
17    bequeath the same unto my beloved Wife Sarah Blake of
18    the parish of Bishop Strow in the County of Wilts And I
19    do hereby nominate and appoint my beloved Wife Sarah
20    Blake as above mentioned Sole Executor of this my last
21    Will and Testament hereby revoking all former and other
22    Wills Testaments and Deeds of Gift by me at any time
23    heretofore made And I do ordain and Ratify these presents
24    to stand and be for and as my only last Will and Testament
25    In Witness whereof to this my said Will I have set my had
26    and Seal the Eighth day of May in the Year of our Lord One
27    thousand Seven hundred and Fifty nine and in the Thirty
28    Second year of the Reign of his Majesty King George the
29    Second over Great Britain etc The sign of Jos Blake
30    Signed Sealed published and declared in the presence of
31    A Keppel W Bailey
32    On the fifth day of September in the year of our Lord
33    One thousand Seven hundred and Sixty three the administration
34    (with the Will annexed) of the Goods Chattels and Credits of
35    Joseph Blake late of Warminster in the County of Wilts and
36    a Marine belonging to his Majestys Ship Valiant in the pay of
37    his Majestys Navy deceased was Granted to Richard Morris
38    Esquire the lawful Attorney of Sarah Blake Widow the
39    Relict of the deceased and Sole Executrix named in the said
40    Will for the use and benefit of the said Sarah Blake now
41    residing at Warminster aforesaid he having been first Sworn
42    duly to administer

No comments: