Saturday, July 6, 2019

Will of Anthony Blake, Caulker, Woolwich, Kent - The National Archives PROB 11/1037/64, probated 20 Dec 1777

Philadelphia Blake married Edward Willet 21 Jul 1757 at St Mary Magdalene Woolwich, Kent, England.

There is a record on Find My past for an apprentice to Anthony Blake where he was a master Caulker at Woolwich Yard, Kent. Dated 1763. There is a baptism at Deptford Kent 29 Oct 1732 for an Anthony Blake son of Anthony Blake. There is also a baptism for a Thomas Blake 28 Nov 1731 son of Anthony Blake. There is a daughter Ann Blake baptized 9 Feb 1734 daughter of Anthony Blake. There is a second female (unnamed) baptism 8 Feb 1735 daughter of Anthony Blake.

There was a marriage at Deptford, Kent 14 Jan 1731 Anthony Blake married Ann Wallis. There was an apprenticeship for an Anthony Blake in 1723 in the City of London with the Master being a Barber surgeon. The father of this Anthony Blake was Thomas Blake.

Interesting records but I did not really find anything to draw this material together into a particular Blake family.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 4 Jul 2019
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1037/0/64
Testator: Anthony Blake, Caulker
Place: Woolwich, Kent
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 2 Dec 1777, probated 20 Dec 1777

[Margin]: Andrew Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Anthony Blake of Woolwich in the County of Kent
3    Caulker being of sound mind and memory praised be
4    to God for the same calling to mind the certainty of
5    death and the uncertainty of the time thereof and for
6    preventing disputes and controversies after my decease
7    do make, publish and declare this to be and contain
8    my last Will and Testament as follows that is to say
9    First my Will and Mind is that all and every my just
10    Debts, Funeral Expences and Charge of proving this
11    my Will be paid satisfied and discharged
12    the rest residue and remainder I give and bequeath the
13    same in manner and form following First I give and
14    bequeath unto my dear and loving Brother Thomas
15    Blake Barber the Sum of one pound and one Shilling to be
16    paid him within two Months next after my decease
17    the rest residue and remainder of all and singular my
18    ready Money Securities for Money plate Rings
19    Goods Household Goods Chattels Wearing apparel of all
20    sorts Linnen and Woollen and all other my Estate
21    whatsoever and wheresoever and of what nature kind or
22    quality soever I give and bequeath the same unto my
23    dear and loving Sister Philadelphia Willett Wife of
24    Edward Willett of Woolwich in the county aforesaid
25    Shipwright to her own use behoof and benefit for ever
26    and I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint my
27    loving Sister Philadelphia Willett aforesaid sole Executrix
28    of this my last Will and Testament and I do hereby
29    revoke disannul and make void all former and other
30    Wills and Testaments by me at any time heretofore
31    made and I do declare this only to stand and be for
32    and as my last Will and Testament In Witness
33    whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this
34    second day of December in the eighteenth Year of the
35    Reign of our Sovereign Lord George the third by the
36    grace of God of Great Britain France and Ireland
37    King Defender of the Faith and in the year of our
38    Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventy seven
39    Anthony Blake Signed Sealed published and
40    declared in the presence of us who have subscribed our
41    Names as Witnesses hereunto in the presence of the said
42    Testator Benjm Crispin, Geo Smith
43    This Will was proved at London on the
44    twentieth day of December in the year of our Lord one
45    thousand seven hundred and seventy seven before the
46    worshipfull Andrew Coltee Durant doctor of Laws
47    Surrogate of the right worshipfull Sir George Hay knight
48    doctor of Laws Master Keeper or Commissary of the Prerogative
49    Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted by the Oath of
50    Philadelphia Willett Wife of Edward Willett the Sister of
51    the deceased and sole Executrix named in the said Will to
52    whom Administration was granted of all and singular the
53    Goods Chattels and Credits of the said deceased having been first sworn duly to
54    administer

No comments: