Monday, July 22, 2019

Will of Elizabeth Blake, Widow, Dover, Kent - The National Archives, PROB 11/1041/326

Jesse Curling married Elizabeth Hallum 16 Jun 1770 at Rotherhithe by Licence. There was an Elizabeth Hallum baptized 20 Feb 1734 at Rotherhithe St Mary daughter of Edward and Ann Hallum. There was an Edward Hallum who married an Ann Smith 12 Oct 1728 at St Nicholas Cole Abbey in London.

Using the surnames Smithers and Rand I was not able to discover anything further.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 20 Jul 2019
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1041/326
Testator: Elizabeth Blake, Widow
Place: Dover, Kent
Type of Record:    Will
Date of document: 7 Sep 1776, probated 4 May 1778

[Margin]: Elizabeth Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen:
2    I Elizabeth Blake of the Town and Port of Dover in
3    the County of Kent widow being Mindful of my Mortality
4    do make and ordain this my last Will and Testam[en]t
5    in manner and form following (that is to say) First
6    I give and bequeath unto my Kinswoman Mary
7    Rand Spinster Daughter of my late Niece Sarah Rand
8    deceased the sum of five hundred pounds of lawful Money
9    of Great Britain And I also give unto her the said
10    Mary Rand all my wearing apparel whatsoever of every
11    sort and kind Also I give and bequeath unto my Niece
12    Elizabeth Curling the Wife of Jesse Curling of the parish of
13    Saint Mary Rotherhithe in the County of Surry Mariner the
14    sum of one hundred pounds of lawful Money of Great
15    Britain And I give to my Kinswoman Ann Smithers
16    spinster daughter of my late Niece Ann Smithers
17    deceased the sum of fifty pounds of like lawful
18    money the said several Money Legacies to be respectively
19    paid within three Months next after my decease Also
20    I give and bequeath all my silver plate whatsoever
21    of what kind or Nature soever the same may be
22    unto my said Niece Elizabeth Curling and my said
23    Kinswoman Mary Rand equally to be divided between
24    them share and share alike And as to all the rest and
25    residue of my Goods Chattels Effects Debts due and is
26    owing to me Money Securities for Money and all other
27    my personal Estate whatsoever and wheresoever and
28    of what Kind or Nature soever the same may be at
29    the time of my decease (after payment and Satisfaction
30    of all my just debts Funeral Expences the Legacies
31    aforesaid and the Charges of proving and Executing this
32    my Will I do give and bequeath the same and every
33    part thereof unto my Sister Martha Legard Widow
34    and my said Kinswoman Mary Rand equally to be
35    divided between them the said Martha Legard and Mary
36    Rand share and share alike And I make constitute
37    and Appoint my said Niece Elizabeth Curling and my
38    said Kinswoman Mary Rand Executrices of this my last
39    Will and Testament And lastly I revoke all former
40    Wills by me made In Witness whereof I the said
41    Elizabeth Blake have to this my last Will and
42    Testament set my hand and Seal the seventh day of
43    September in the sixteenth year of the Reign of our
44    Sovereign Lord George the Third by the Grace of God
45    of Great Britain France and Ireland King Defender
46    of the Faith etc and in the year of our Lord one
47    Thousand seven hundred and seventy six Elizabeth Blake
48    Signed Sealed published and declared by the said
49    Elizabeth Blake as and for her last Will and Testament
50    in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed
51    our Names as Witnesses   thereto in her presence at her
52    request and in the presence of each other Thomas
53    Tournay Thos Middleton
54    This Will was proved at London the fourth
55    day of May in the year of our Lord one
56    thousand Seven hundred and seventy eight before the
57    worshipful Francis Simpson Doctor of Laws and
58    Surrogate of the Right Worshipful Sir George Hay
59    Knight also Doctor of Laws Master Keeper or
60    Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury
61    lawfully constituted by the oaths of Elizabeth Curling
62    Wife of Jesse Curling and Mary Rand Spinster the
63    Executrises named in the said Will to whom
64    administration was granted of all and singular the
65    Goods Chattels and Credits of the deceased having
66    been first Sworn duly to administer

No comments: