Friday, December 13, 2019

Session 1 Physio therapy and Osteo-arthritis

Physio cancelled today, the therapist was out sick.

I am using the walker outside all the time now. My progress is slow but steady. At home I am now walking down the stairs two feet on each step (and up). That is real progress for me as I was pulling myself up the stairs backwards. Fortunately with all my weight lifting that worked out quite well.

I am looking at Revitive Ultrasound for the osteo-arthritis. The reviews are good and this would perhaps help me with my exercise routines. Treatment at the beginning and end of each exercise period might just be what my old joints need! I do not really like to give up my running and other active exercises. The biking is perhaps the gentlest although I haven't done any of these exercises now for a week. I think I am having exercise restriction feelings but the time will come I am sure when I am back running, biking and other leg exercises.

I shall chat with the physiotherapist about using ultrasound as a home care.

My first physio therapy session will be tomorrow. I am progressing not too badly. I am still using the walker but at home I am now managing without a cane. I am still doing the stairs two feet at a time just to keep weight off of my left knee. I can stand for an hour which is great news as I really do like standing and walking about! Still no biking or running but doing calisthenics where there is no weight bearing on the left leg. 

No comments: