Friday, December 20, 2019

Physiotherapy again for the second session

Physiotherapy today worked very well. I was overdoing it for one of my exercises so got that corrected and two more sets of exercises to do. Plus I also was on the bike. I have been nervous to try that but did so there so will now progress with that at home as well 5 to 7 minutes just to start.

The knee is actually feeling pretty good. I still finding walking any distance a strain so still use my walker whenever I am away from home and walking more than 20 feet or so. Plus it is nice and stable to use the walker now that we have snow I do not want to have to save myself from an off-balance event and turn my knee in a strange way. We do not generally walk outside anymore as my arthritis does not like the cold weather. It was minus 20 celsius here the other day and mostly quite cold but not quite as bad the rest of the days lately.

That will not be a problem for me as I am not a particularly dependent person; quite willing to give up any crutches that I might need when I feel really comfortable about that. 

I will spend the winter working my way back up to my normal exercises plus I  have a few new ones that I will incorporate into my calisthenics as they are really good stretches and will likely help my arthritis I am thinking.

I would like to eventually go once a month to review my exercises; check on my knee and keep an eye on my arthritis and how to best work around it. With both my parents and grandparents having arthritis I was unlikely to escape arthritis!

Life is getting pretty busy with my four sets of exercises for physio a day and all the things to do for Christmas. It will likely be a while before I produce more wills (likely after Christmas).

No comments: