Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Misty on Isolation Day 12

It has been a few days since we had a bright sunny day. Hoping for the warm sun to be shinning on the swing; it is a bit cold to be outside swinging otherwise! Isolation Day 12 and still snow covered but there is melting. Ground still frozen but the snowdrops have managed to work their way through and one of these days will bloom. You always know that everything is moving along when the snowdrops pop out of the frozen ground.

Yesterday was a day of accomplishment as I completed painting all of the matches for Chromosome 1. Today I shall have a good look at them and see if I can clearly see the maternal and paternal lines on the five different profiles for myself and four siblings. I have just a couple of known matches on Chromosome and all are somewhat small (less than 20 cm and actually less than 15 cm) but their actual relationship to us is known and a look at their tree indicates that our only possible sharing of an ancestor is the one that is shown. I do have some substantial matches on chromosome 1 including a likely double or triple fourth cousin whose parentage is unknown. I have assigned that match as well to the appropriate grandparent line with one caveat he may be matching be on more than my Blake line (he matches me on both Blake and Knight (my Blake great grandparent's surnames). If I am correct that he may also be matching me on my paternal grandmother's line then I have to remain somewhat suspicious but a known Knight descendant is matching on one of his in common matches with myself and siblings so I know that one is likely Knight but the other one I am suggested it belong to my paternal grandfathers side but another match is really needed to collaborate that. My Blake-Farmer descendancy is huge (my 2x great grandparents Blake) and that is perhaps showing up with some of these matches that appear to be Blake (I have between 12 and 18 pages of matches that all match each other at 23 and Me).

The puzzle also benefited from our time yesterday. I filled in more of the tree area on the upper part of the puzzle and I am now working on the lower part of the trees working downwards towards the creek and rocks. It is a really nice puzzle and we have two more like it to work at later.

Still looking overcast but a little brighter so perhaps we will get some sun this afternoon.

COVID-19 dominates the news stories - Prince Charles now has COVID-19. Ontario has closed all but essential workplaces; many people are working from home is mentioned. Being retired we are always home but these days we have really limited ourselves. Just a twenty minute walk around the block each day but otherwise we are here the other 23 hours and 20 minutes a day. I do not miss shopping at all actually. We usually go shopping every day; spending about two or three hours out and about often including a 30 min walk at the Mall. We are not going anywhere at the moment; our neighbours have been doing our groceries.

No comments: