Sunday, March 1, 2020

Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter Volume 5 Issue 2 to come

Working on the latest issue of the Newsletter. An interesting coincidence has occurred in that I am discussing Chart # 13 at the same time as I am publishing the transcription of the will of William Pincombe (probated 1812). This line of Pincombe/Pinkham was at Beaford/Roborough. This family changed the spelling of their surname from Pincombe to Pinkham. Since they were reasonably well educated one wonders if it was perhaps a deliberate change.

I have quite a bit on this family now that I have linked William back to his line. Richard Phillips a Pincombe research with whom I had a lot of correspondence a dozen years ago sent me all of his research which will be most helpful with preparing this newsletter. It is just taking me a little longer than I had contemplated to go through his material and write up the one section that deals with Chart 13. 

No comments: