Thursday, March 26, 2020

Snow melting - end of winter

The snow is definitely melting in the backyard. There is maybe half a foot (15 centimetres) on average across the whole back yard now. I haven't been in the back yard walking now for a few days and it is coming into mud season. We have been walking around the block once a day for exercise. It has been relatively easy to maintain physical distancing from anyone.

Our neighbours bought our groceries once again for us; much appreciated that we have fresh milk, eggs, bread, cheese and fruit and some other perishables. We bought frozen meat to last us a month or so and will replenish that in mid April. Not being a large meat eater I could well live on meat substitutes for quite a while.

Spent a little time looking at Chromosome one yesterday now that all the matches have been painted. It is looking quite good now; the two charts - DNA Painter for each of the five siblings (myself included) and the phasing charts that I have produced in Powerpoint for each of us. A little more work on that today and I will proceed to work on Chromosome two.

A teleconference today for the Guild; the system is being tested for an online conference perhaps since the face to face conference was cancelled in England. I didn't really keep up with all the wording in the emails but when asked to help with testing the system to see if it works around the world I did say I would do that.

A lot of exercise again yesterday although I seem to be managing it well. I think our age group needs to keep our lungs in good shape just in case we acquire COVID-19. At least it might give us a fighting chance.

This is Isolation Day 13 and the 26th of March 2020. I think we might be isolation for longer than the 30 days that I originally thought. It may well be into May before we really get into stores again and that probably fairly cautiously.


No comments: