Thursday, February 11, 2021

Where am I at?

Perhaps sounds like I am confused but actually I woke up a little clearer headed today. I have to keep looking in the short term for the moment. Ed was stronger yesterday. He puts on a very good front when the PSW comes and that weakens him a bit for the rest of the day but his effort is good and we spent two hours watching a movie again yesterday.

I promised myself whilst I was still working that I would watch all the VHS tapes that I purchased during the 90s when I retired. I thought I would do two per day but have seldom watched any so now I am starting to keep that promise to myself for as long as this VHS player continues to work. We gave away probably 70% of our VHS tapes to one of my brothers but kept the ones that we really wanted to see so that could well be how we spend the rest of this winter; watching at least one per day. 

We will see how this day progresses. I am pretty tired but the weight belt is helping; great idea my daughter had. The alternative is not that pleasant and Ed very much enjoys being in his own home. I could see though where he would also enjoy being with other like minded people in long term care but hopefully we can stave that off for quite a while. So long as he can help a little when he is moving then we can continue to forge ahead. 

Some of the ideas are just too difficult for me to manage. A wheel chair sounds like a great idea but I could not push it up a ramp into the house. He can still walk about with his walker but a ramp with a walker would be dangerous for him. Better we stay inside until the weather turns to spring and hopefully we can build up enough strength for him to again go for walks about the neighbourhood.

No comments: