Thursday, July 22, 2021

Moving forward once again

We seemed to be in limbo for a month or so but we are moving forward once again reorganizing and downsizing. The next big movement out will be the massive bookcases and we have someone who will take them as a donation but need to figure that one out. That will be the next big project in a couple of weeks as we have a lot to do around here plus moving things at the end of the month is less easy than nearer the beginning of the month. This next big movement of items will free up a lot of space and let us reorganize to a smaller footprint. 

I completed the H11 Newsletter for the 1st of August so that was good news for me to get that done. Again it is a smallish issue because I just publish full results once a year in the first issue and the other issues just talk about H11 in the news and the status of the project. Just two new members but it is only a couple of weeks since I published the last issue. 

The next newsletter will be the Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter for the 1st of September and the last issue of Volume 6. I need to think about that but will probably continue looking at John Pincombe who died in 1604 and his descendants carrying the Pincombe surname. A new Pinkham researcher contacted me and is quite involved with the Pinkham family in the United States. My Pincombe line, found in the United States, is known to me and they are the descendants of the oldest brother of my 2x great grandfather John Pincombe and they use the Pincomb spelling of the surname. 

Moving forward without Edward is starting to move to moving forward with Edward in my thoughts bringing him along with me in my thinking. I need to start putting together the story of his life which he dictated to me putting in pictures. I did some of that work with the blog posts which in retrospect I will be very happy that I did. At the time it was hard to do but I needed to keep my mind busy whilst it accepted the loss. Others have had to accept losses much more sudden with COVID-19 and much younger. 

No comments: