Monday, July 12, 2021

The work week begins

Cleaning day for the top floor and it begins again. This time though things are a little more organized as we await the removal of all the book boxes and the bookcases. They are all organized ready to go out the door when the time comes. I am happy to see that we have managed to get everything together as Edward wanted in terms of the books being donated to the OGS library. It is comforting to know that we have fulfilled one of his last wishes. Of all the things that he did in his life genealogy took on overwhelming importance from his retirement in 2004 on. He lived, ate and slept genealogy as one might say in terms of his devotion to it.  I like the genetic side of it and I was most content to pass all of the paper genealogy material to my younger sister who is eagerly building our family tree. I never could get much interest in that to be honest. My cousin's desire to have the Pincombe Profile for the Westminster Township History Book pushed me to get into genealogy looking at my family; Edward had already pushed me into it helping him with his genealogy projects but the interest has never really been there. I do enjoy my one name projects and my genetic genealogy projects but it pretty much ends there. Paleography quite intrigued me and I have transcribed thousands of documents now for my one name studies.

Our next project is the 4 inch reflecting telescope to donate to the RASC and I have heard back and they would like it. We mostly have it all organized so will look into that this week. I will try to find the manual. We have a couple of banker boxes of manuals since Edward never threw anything out I may find it in there. He did a couple of changes replacing the view finder with a red light finder which is vastly superior to the technology from 54 years ago for sure. Other than that it looks like it did when we bought it as Edward took very good care of all of his possessions. 

On to the day; looks a bit cloudy but otherwise it is July heading into August so a little hazy but otherwise a lovely summer day here in Canada. I enjoy them as winter is long, dark and cold here in Canada.

No comments: